Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 7- Operating systems and utility programs



            When working with website such as the one I want to make, I need to have powerful and efficient computers. This goes father then just the individual components that make up a computer but the operating system is just as essential. The OS is a set of programs that have instructions that make all the activities in the computer. There are different OS but since I am I am used to windows I would probably use the newest version.
            I also need to manage my memory properly by not letting the RAM get over run and monitor that virtual memory. I don’t want any of my important documents to be lost so this is important. My OS also takes care of monitoring the over all performance which allows me to see if I need more processing power to run the site. It also updates important files and software.
            More so I want to make sure the protection of my computer is the best it could be. This I can do through different protection programs as well as windows firewall.

No comments:

Post a Comment