Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 4- Hardware and Privacy

Making a website like the one that I am trying to implement requires the proper hardware. Making and maintaining websites require powerful computers but computers are often expensive so to cut costs the best option would be to make my own. 
            First things first, I need to find a good CPU( central processing unit) which is one of the most important parts as it is the brain of the computer. It manages most of the operations and significantly impacts the computers overall computing power. Next comes the memory (RAM) which all the information being used by the processor is stored. This memory is important because it can be accessed faster then the hard drive memory. A good motherboard is also important to have because everything else in the computer plugs into it and it provides the first level of management. A large hard drive is also equally as important as it stores all information that is not being used by the processor, so any directory for the site and any important documents and files I have would go on that. A good graphics card is important as it takes the information from the processor and displays it on the monitor. Next I need a good optical drive to run any programs I have, as well as a good power supply which keeps the computer operational. A cooling system is also important because its easy for computers to over heat and this can cause it to crash. Finally I choose a case to hold all the components and choose an operating system, which most likely would be windows because most things run on that, and its easier for compatibility.
            Next comes the assembly of the system which has to be done very carefully because any mistakes can cause the whole system to malfunction. Also it can be dangerous as everything carries an electrical signal and a lot of the parts have sharp edges. After the assembly you simply install the operating system and any programs you need and you’re all set. By building the computer myself I can not only save money on parts but get the proper ones I need for the most efficient computer I can get to make my website.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment